Old 01-02-22, 10:24 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
I would say the craziest thing I can think of is in relation to one of the MTB customers we had at the shop I worked for a while.

The shop had just become an "elite" Specialized dealer right before I started with them. (that is a whole other horror story) The owner did it in response to a great deal of demand for high end Specialized bikes that would not be sold through a dealer without the "elite" status. We had this one guy, in his 50's and crazy as hell. He beat high end MTB like they were some WalMart bike and was particularly skilled at breaking them. I cannot recall the exact model of the bike, but the highest end bike sold around the 11-12 years, full suspension...I mean, this bike cost twice as much as many cars I had owned up to that point. He broke three of them right in a row. We had to have a Specialized rep come down and entered discussions with the guy. Turned into a real **** show.
To be fair, I think it ended up where he became something of a 'beta tester' for their bikes and they outfitted him with one that he happily rode for several more years within my knowledge.
Likes For Juan Foote: