SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Trakhak
I was curious about this claim, so I looked at the BD road bike that's closest to my preference, which is a 22-speed aluminum frame/carbon fork/105 derailleurs and shift-brake levers, and wheels and other components of comparable level (don't care what they are specifically, including the wheels). BD's bike is the Vent Noir, and it ticks all those boxes. $999. Specialized (the only major brand I felt like looking up) has the Allez Elite, an SRAM-equipped bike with mostly Specialized generic components, for $1,700.

The Motobecane comes in 9 sizes, the Specialized in 7 sizes. They're both handsome machines, unless you can't stand the idea of riding around on a bike with Motobecane decals, even if it saves you $700. Me, I've owned many of the very best high-end Italian, French, English, and American bikes over the last 50 years, but I've been happy with my Motobecane Le Champion since I bought it from BD in 2005.
If even the name brand frames are made in Taiwan or PRC any way?.?.

Reminds me of Gucci and Versace knock offs getting intercepted by CBP. When you understand that the real thing is manufactured by underpaid illegal immigrants of Chinese descent, do you really care if others rip off the manufactured desire?

I don’t.

But sure is good to see CBP keeping us safe.
Likes For SkinGriz: