View Single Post
Old 01-06-22, 11:55 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10613 Post(s)
Liked 12,230 Times in 6,270 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
The Philly school district has already decided to go virtual tomorrow because of the snow. *smh* During the 3 years I spent in public school (6th-8th grade) we would have to show up when there was 6" on the ground and more falling. Kids there days are soft.

The Eagles 8:15 game Saturday night should be interesting.
I remember lying in bed before getting up, listening to the radio Dad always turned on when he got up, waiting to hear whether Upper Adams School District would have a Snow Day. 6" would definitely do it, if it fell overnight. I remember one time when I was about 10, there was a big snow storm that put down about 8-12", so school was cancelled. Then that night, there was a windstorm that piled up drifts across a lot of roads. School was cancelled. Then there was a ice storm. School was cancelled. It was like Christmas!

I remember the snow drifted high enough that it covered the 4' snow fences they used to put along the leeward side of the playground, and then the crust of ice on top of it was sturdy enough that a skinny 10 year old kid like me could actually walk on it, walking right over the snow fence.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles