Old 01-06-22, 12:41 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9678 Post(s)
Liked 6,394 Times in 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
A guy here who recently retired would go moose hunting up in Canada and Elk hunting in out west. Last time was in ID. The trips were guided and sounded somewhat pampered. They supplied (ad did) all the camp stuff for you.

It's big business in some areas. When I was touring in ID in the spring of 2019 I overheard a guy tell someone he had taken in nearly $400K leading hunting trips the years before.
I know some guys who are really into hunting, some of them into the "exotic" hunting. A couple of them went to a fancy hunting ranch "up yonder in the north somewhere" to hunt deer. They took several. One guy told me that the price was $10,000 + per head depending on the size of the rack. And, the ranch keeps the meet.

I've had lots of game to eat, some I like and some I don't. Elk is good if properly prepared. I really enjoy Bison due to its leanness. Quail is good. Some deer is okay depending on how it's prepared. Fried alligator on the bayou is good. Not a fan of wild boar, snake, rabbit, Rocky Mountain oysters, or dove at all.