View Single Post
Old 02-28-06, 06:46 PM
matanza

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1988? Bianchi Premio

This is my latest acquisition! Found it here in Mexico in the corner of an obscure shop in the town where I live. The shop is closed 90% of the time. The original tires were crunchy but the rest of the bike except for a few dings in the paint was in almost new condition. I paid $170 for the bike as I found it. Except for rims and spokes I had the rest of the items I added in my stash of extra parts. It's heavy but I will be using it mainly for errands etc.

The rims were Araya 27" and flimsy. I tried to true up the rear but tensioning the drive side twisted the rims way out of whack. I changed the rims to 700 Alex AT400 like are currently used on the 2005-6 Pistas. I also added new bar tape and Kool Stop brake pads and holders. Tires are Conti Ultra 3000.

After a good tear down and clean up this looks like a new bike as it was never out in the sun. I need to find some nail polish the same color as the paint to touch up the knicks where the white base coat is showing though. The chain rings and cassette are like new.