Old 01-11-22, 10:46 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1608 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
No. Two bikes come to mind that are close to original. The first is the Colnago which did not have all original parts so I replaced them with one or two exceptions, thanks to DD. Even the brake housing and cables are vintage correct but because it is ridden occasionally, it has Koolstops with the original pads in a ziplock. Many of the Colnagos were fame set sales so it is hard to say what is original but what can be said is what the preferrable parts were BITD. This bike conforms.
P1040498 on Flickr

The Bottecchia is labeled a Giro d'Italia. As it turns out, the Professional was the same frame with a different decal. Because it did not have the original parts and I did, it was outfitted as a professional. The year is about 1972/3. The parts came from my 1972 Motobecane Le Champion that was crashed. the head set and wheels are original. What isn't are the pedals, stem and handlebar. I have decals for the DT and ST.
P1040289 on Flickr

The 1988 De Rosa is definitely not period correct! I cannot bring myself to invest in C Record parts! When a 10v wheel set with tubies, record hubs, cassette, with black spokes (not a preference), showed up on CL for $130, the path was set. I ventured into black parts too.
P1050288 on Flickr

The Pinarello was purchased with all original parts and stayed that way for several years. Recently it was modified by replacing all the DA with Campy and now sport 3x9 mix of Triple T, Record and Chorus parts. I needed the gearing until I get back in shape.
P1050224 on Flickr

For those of you who are getting bored with my pics of the same set of bikes, I am trying to use different pics. Some are not the best, but the good ones can be found in so many different threads! I really don't care if you are rolling your eyes, I don't see it and I can't explain why I enjoy sharing them so much!