ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2789 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
While I like the idea of a new car, I’m actually a bit of a cheapskate in some ways. I mean, some of my bibs are ripping and I refuse to replace them.

My VW is 6 years old and going strong, my wife’s Acura is the same and I swear that thing will make 400k. I’ve looked at the TLX a couple of times, but want to wait another year at least before getting rid of my VW. 6 months of car payment = new bike costs.
This is where I live too. Being mechanical inclined, a supercheapskate, and stubborn as eff, have served me well my whole life. I've never owned a car from New, not once. I wanted the next one to be brand new, but I don't want to feel like I'm being ***** for it either, so I've kind of decided to repair the Avalanche. I'll delete the dod system from the engine and cpu. So even if I get another junkyard engine. It'll work without any problems. It does however stick in my craw that I just (4 years ago) paid $7k for a brand new crate engine from GM. I used to be a Bow Tie Guy through and through, but I believe my next car will be a Kia, possibly a Soul. Mary Barra has taken way too much value out of Chevrolet to my liking. They build absolute garbage now.
Likes For ls01: