Old 01-17-22, 10:11 AM
sebasbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Hi, @sebasbike. Welcome to the sport!

First and foremost, you shouldn't be on the track with experienced riders (any other riders) before you have completed your beginner classes. Seriously. You going on the velodrome with no training of the rules and etiquette is like a person driving on the local roads and freeway with no driver's training...oh, and none of the cars have brakes. Serious injury can occur.

If no one is on the track, go nuts. But, if experienced people show up, they may want to go fast. If they object to you being on the track, please respect their wishes. It's probably not personal. I know several veteran trackies who refuse to take the track with newbies because they don't want to get hurt.

The rules are very simple (even kids know them). But, if you don't know, you don't know. Just trying to keep you safe.

You should read this entire thread: Protips for a new track racer
thank you for the welcome! i appoloize if my past response was kind of dry, i was having a bad day!
im going every day, when there are people at the velodrome i get off and just watch them to learn!
next week im moving to london and there is a more "official" velodrome so im going to take some classes!
Likes For sebasbike: