Old 01-17-22, 01:51 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
there is a distinction between assigning blame for an incident, and using information learned from an incident to improve practices going forward.....
As cyclists, we should learn as best we can to protect ourselves. Using this tragic incident to teach other cyclists is about the only productive thing that possibly can come from this thread
I hate to break it to you, but no one's looking to you to teach them from this incident. Your information isn't any better than anyone else's.

You literally claimed that Bradley wouldn't have been paralyzed if he had taken the lane a little earlier and turned his head around to an impossible angle. You absolutely crossed over into assigning blame, and you really should be embarrassed enough by the "eye contact" thing to realize that maybe "teaching" shouldn't be your role here.

Again, I don't get who these people are that need you to tell them how to protect themselves. I don't know what his lane position should have been, I wasn't there.

And BTW, if you read the article you linked, he wasn't in the roundabout when he was hit, he was past it. Cars don't park in roundabouts.