View Single Post
Old 01-19-22, 07:36 AM
Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 216 Posts
Seatpost installed. As a classic styled horizontal top tube bike, the seatpost is pretty deep in the frame. Covers up that handsome Lynskey anodizing to some degree.

As a ball park I measured both my 58 cm Domane and 58 cm Trek 2.3 from the center of the BB axle to the center of the seat mount and came up with about 29 inches and set the mount on the new bike the same. Its a 60 cm. Once I get pedals and a seat I can dial it in. When I stand over the top tube it does not touch me but is pretty close. I'm interested to see how it fit. The Domane in 58 is about perfect I would say. The 2.3 has a more horizontal top tube but looks to me like it slopes a tad still and feels a touch cramped. I have no idea if it is considered a "compact" geometry but I'm hoping the Litespeed is a great in betweener. I would like the 2.3 to be my get around bike and the other two for more "serious" (a joke as I am old and slow) work.

I have both brake calipers set up so hopefully this weekend I can mount the Derailleurs and set them up and wrap the bars. I have gel pads to mount on the top of the Isocore bars like comes stock on my Dpmane. They are pretty awesome bars from a feel and comfort standpoint.

Its coming together pretty well.