Old 01-20-22, 10:40 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Kinekt seatpost for sure.

"suspension" posts are just pogo sticks and pogoing is not good for your knees or any part of your leg, the idea should be to isolate you from the bumps but keep you in a similar position so you aren't doing harm. Kinekt I think does the best job of that but Cane Creek Thudbuster is an option.

However with tires that wide you might also experiment with tire pressure. I find super wide stuff like that to be all but useless except maybe one or two days a year where I live as we barely see much snow and when we do I probably don't really want to ride in it. Sand riding would be cool but there isn't much around me to make it worth my while. However if that is what I had I would run super low pressure (within reason and limits) and have a lot of extra comfort there but since the thing is already a tank adding a Kinekt is not really going to harm anything and certainly will add good comfort.
Likes For veganbikes: