View Single Post
Old 01-23-22, 04:47 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
This afternoon I started tearing down the KHS I got the other day. Everything going well until I went to yank off the square taper crank. I'm a fan of light grease on the spindle before mounting a crank for the reason I have right now. That puppy is on there. Letting it soak some more right now before I break out the pipe extension.

Drive side threads seem to be messed up so that one may take a move agressive 3 jaw puller attack if I can't get the crank tool in.

Update:
None drive side off. drive side is really pissing me off. I hate how people can't just take there time and do things right. Some heavy-handed fool in the past totally trashed the threads so now I'm just plan stuck. Not worried about damaging the crank but can't get puller jaws to stay on this one. Probably going to another fight to get this off and all because someone just didn't pay attention when working on this before.

Last edited by jamesdak; 01-23-22 at 05:36 PM.