View Single Post
Old 01-29-22, 06:46 PM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
Pikes Peak (which I have NOT done yet) is more difficult and steeper. I am not aware of any groups that do it regularly but on weekends, some do...especially for training. For Evans, the 40s will save you coming down unless you want to take it easy on the bad sections. I did it on 28s and 30s. It is better if you air down a bit- maybe to 70. I don't do any epic gravel but there is a lot of it near Colorado Springs. There is a Colorado Gravel FB page - Colorado Gravel Grinders. You absolutely should ask there. There is also some sweet gravel near Winter Park area- basically the Crooked Gravel ride route. Post again and I'll try to get more info but that FB page will be MUCH better than me.

I am up in Breckendrige almost every weekend after May-ish but if I can swing it, I'll join up and see if we can get a local group involved. There are always guys who will join.
Likes For Chandne: