cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 660 Times in 447 Posts
Wildsau CX convert

So I have this 06 Roubaix, which has been a do-it-all ride for errands/shopping/around-town/raindays/social group rides bike. And it's been admirable in doing that.
so I have way too many bikes and adding another would just be another of too many 'things' to upkeep/maintain/find space for...
so, at this point, adding another bike - gravel bike - is way out of the question... until I start selling some bikes off.
so, we have great MTB country in my valley, but 'gravel' riding ? not so much...
drive 50+ miles and things open up a bit for things rideable with something more 'gravel-ish'
so, I just did a quikie 'convert' of the Roubaix, by using a Shimano R500 wheelset hanging around (really great budget wheels!) and popping on some Schwalbe CX Comp tires - 32mm (pretty much the max width this gen. Roubaix was designed for...)
so, here it is - gravel/singletrack dirty... LOL!

Wildsau - '06 Spec Roubaix w/CX tires & standby Rockshox seatpost
so I rode last night at my nextdoor green space, close approx of 'gravel' with quite a bit of mtb terrain thrown in...
took about a mile to get the CX legs back, but was a Hoot!
Found a Rockshox seatpost to fit... (I have a few...) and will ride that today, to see how much more the Wildsau can be driven.
I think this will be fun for local stuff and maybe worth the drive to SLO county, where there are quite a few decent gravelish roads....
It's stay 3x - 52/39/30, but maybe change cassette from 12-25 to 12-30 if I decide I need lower gears.
I likie !
Ride On
Yuri