View Single Post
Old 02-08-22, 09:11 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
I think it may be good to define the term "upright". A Verve and Roll is a much different bike than a Sirrus. A Sirrus is more akin to an FX or an Escape and is not designed for an upright bike the way a Verve or a Roll is. A Crossroads will probably be Specialized's closest analog to a Trek Verve. None of those comfort-focused bikes will have a higher end road group on it, but I'd recommend focusing more on what you need out of a bike in terms of riding position than the bolt-on components. It's pretty easy to change components, and much more difficult to change the bike's basic geometry. You certainly can configure a Sirrus to be relatively upright, but its basic geometry will still be more of a fitness bike.

If you find Verve and Roll to be comfortable, Sirrus will probably feel relatively low-slung (or leaned forward...however you might describe that). And if you find Verve and Roll to be comfortable to ride, then I'd suggest considering buying one of them and then upgrading the drivetrain components to your liking.