Old 02-12-22, 02:38 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
My wife has a Bernina - circa 1993.

Very good - I have another Pfaff coming tomorrow. My other favorites of theirs are 545 H-3 the big bobbin machines.

looking for a big Adler Zig zag ... rare beasts
Huh neat, a dedicated zig zag machine? Adler used to make typewriters. Partnered with Royal I think, for US sales.
My grandma, my mom, and my ex girlfriend's mom all used the zig zag stitch to mend/darn up holes in my Pendleton shirts after I tore them taking a tumble on rollerblades or what have you. Very useful, gets you back on the road quick, and I've got lots of example work from my teens and twenties to learn sewing from.

The Pfaff 543 is a monster, isn't it? Like, it can sew thick leather and stuff, right?

I've been afraid to push the Bernina on any leather thicker than "garment leather" for elbow patches on shirts. I think its strong suit is the delicate stuff like that tent.

Last edited by scarlson; 02-12-22 at 02:44 PM.