Old 02-13-22, 04:18 PM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,041 Times in 406 Posts
Originally Posted by BFisher
@Prowler, are you still at it on the rollers?

I have tried a spin bike and a trainer in the past and disliked both. Today I put in for some rollers. Not riding is just killing me. Never used them before.
Yes, I still use them. Once or twice a week this time of year. I also have a mag stationary trainer and a NordicTrack ski machine so there’s a rotation. I’m REAL glad I have the rollers. I’m willing to believe they help training to maintain a consistent line and smooth my pedal stroke. And the variety is helpful. It’s all so boring.

At least I rode twice this week, ready for it, outside. 30 miles on the SRT and CCT then, yesterday, 15 miles on another section of the SRT (50° and sunny). Then today I cleared 3” of snow off the driveway. Going down to 12° tonight.

tiger1964 yes QBP means Quality Bicycle Products. Only serves dealers so call one. However, I’m sure the belt on my ancient Kreisler rollers (built when William McKinley was President) is original and is doing just fine. You may be surprised. Inspect it. If no cracking in the rubber then give it a whirl. Of course on a track bike you could ride them backwards. Cool!
Likes For Prowler: