View Single Post
Old 02-14-22, 04:42 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
In other words...'I am wrong, but I will not admit I am wrong, even though I recognize I am wrong and explain why I was wrong.'

No, I admitted I misread their number, but the way they wrote that number caused my misreading. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone put a decimal point immediately to the right of a colon before.
": .12 lb CO2e" is friggin' hard to read in a sentence on a tablet. When they responded to my error, they announce it's "ZERO POINT TWELVE pounds" like that's what they wrote. Notice the "ZERO"? That wasn't there, and it's a pretty great example of why we have that convention.

Now, you want to explain what the comparison between ebikes and human-powered bikes has to do with the comparison of the carbon footprint of beef production vs. other foods? Because I don't know about you, but I don't think grossly exaggerating the carbon footprint of pedaling a bicycle is a rhetorical strategy we should encourage.