Old 02-16-22, 10:53 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
CDR, certification requirements are pretty common at 250 tracks.

Rock Hill has a half day certification to ride and then an afternoon certification to race.

LA has a 3 or 4 week long certification process.

For National and world championship events, you do not have to certified to participate. But you may not be allowed to go practice in advance of the race (RH is a bit more lax about this than LA.) And the facilities reserve the right to pull any racer they do not feel is capable of riding safely.

As for the lease option posted, I’m not sure it will draw much interest.
Makes sense. That would have been a quick lesson - as prep for Nationals I did a recon trip to TTown the week before and did the Tues and Sat races. No certs needed, no nothing, just raced. If Nationals had been at a 250, well, in a TT maybe it's not required (?) but I wouldn't have been able to do much otherwise. Might be worth traveling to Rock Hill if they are open just to get the cert. My good friend (long time teammate, leadout man, and fellow car/kart fan) has family there, and when I mentioned there was a track somewhere in the Carolinas, his wife looked it up on the. phone, realized it was near family, she told him in no uncertain terms that if Nationals was ever at Rock Hill that he and I would go for "a guy's week out" and I'd race that track, kart, and do whatever else we want.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson