View Single Post
Old 02-17-22, 07:25 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked 1,267 Times in 804 Posts
To summarize:

Wash with normal load (I use normal agitation, some use delicate), cold, cool or warm temperature, not hot. No special brand required.
Put bibs in a mesh bag to prevent the straps from getting tangled up with other stuff
Dry on extra low heat or half extra load/half air dry or hang to air dry overnight (my preference)
Keep several sets in rotation so when one set is in need of or being washed, you're wearing the others.

FWIW, I tend to wash my bibs after every ride. But not always. Using them for commuting - a rigorous hour each way - caused me to realize that hanging up my bibs during the day and allowing them to dry out in my vented locker made them perfectly suitable for wearing for the two rides. I mean, who carries an extra pair of shorts for commuting home in the afternoon? No stink, nor skin issues. That blows the "must wash after every ride" theory. That, in turn, made me realize that unless the bibs are visibly soiled, I often wear them twice for normal rides. I just let them hang to get some air circulation in between rides and sometimes just wash every other ride.
Likes For Camilo: