Old 02-17-22, 11:01 PM
bamboobike4
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 336 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
I wouldn't expect any help but would jump on the opportunity to ring the question the quality bell, giving some corporate shill the chance to do the right thing.

I would rather have a frame fixed by an accomplished craftsman than a suspect replacement from the company that didn't get it right the first time around.
?
I just read the thread twice. I did not see any data regarding the sale of the frame, prior maintenance, exposure to corrosion, moisture, provenance, a complete analysis of the actual frame washing, drying, use, abuse, proper or improper care, and the many variables that may explain the failure. Many frames fail there, many rust there, some fail due to defects, based on quality control or lack thereof, but I saw no information that indicated, without doubt, that Joe Breezer or any bike manufacturer was to blame.

I do see assumptions that appear to be baseless given the information contained in the thread.

We have no way of knowing if “the right thing” is to provide a replacement or tell the owner to go jump in a lake.
We have no way of knowing if the company “didn’t get it right the first time.”
We don’t know if a “corporate shill” would be assigned to the situation, or even if there are any corporate shills there, just waiting for a chance to “do the right thing,” however that’s defined.

Weep holes in frames get plugged. Moisture collects inside.
Salt and other corrosives can accelerate the deterioration, and the frame can fail.
Or, the frame could be defective. Or even something else!

Statistically, one is more likely to occur than the other.

Prior to actually seeing what caused it, assumptions are like the people making them.
Often inaccurate.

Last edited by bamboobike4; 02-17-22 at 11:12 PM.
Likes For bamboobike4: