View Single Post
Old 02-21-22, 05:31 PM
KC8QVO

Bikes: Surly Disk Trucker, 2014 w/Brooks Flyer Special saddle, Tubus racks - Duo front/Logo Evo rear, 2019 Dahon Mariner D8, Both bikes share Ortlieb Packer Plus series panniers, Garmin Edge 1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
If you definitely want a paper bible, I'd suggest getting one and putting it in a heavy duty ziplock bag. I am a weight weenie, but the mini one would be hard on my old eyes. Maybe a full sized new testament? But I'd really consider a kindle though especilly if you will carry one or more other books. Certainly easier on the eyes than a mini version of a paper one I'd think.
Thanks for the post.

The text size in the one I linked to is perfectly readable for me, its 5pt in size. The only time its a struggle is if I'm really tired. The zipper version is slightly bigger - maybe 1/4" more in LxW. The non-zipper one fits in my blazer pockets, but not much room.

The one in the link below is the closest "waterproof and durable" format, but it is a good bit larger and no zipper closure. It does have good reviews on Amazon and other places:
https://www.bardinmarsee.com/p-1177-...ble-brown.aspx

I may just go with the zip-loc bag method. That doesn't help on the page durability in-use, but will protect it while riding along.