View Single Post
Old 02-23-22, 10:05 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,711 Times in 1,033 Posts
I’ve been running road tubeless since ‘13 and currently have 4 bikes running tubeless (down from 5 earlier this year), and have no desire to swap tires on any of them any more than I have to, even though I have a good compressor, pro Park inflator head (which is the absolute best bike money I’ve ever spent, BTW), syringe, garage, full work bench, spare bikes, spare parts, plenty of goodies (e.g. spare tubes, plug kits) and time.

I’m just not one to invite trouble, and derive no pleasure in waking up the day of a ride to find yesterday’s swap job resulted in a leaky tire, be it due to a fouled valve seal, damaged rim tape, or just a lousy tire/rim combo.

Were I contemplating something like the frequency of changes the OP is talking about, I’d certainly just run Aerothan tubes and ditch tubeless altogether. I’m not saying it cannot be done, only that I’d counsel against it.

Last edited by chaadster; 02-23-22 at 10:27 PM.