View Single Post
Old 02-25-22, 02:14 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10627 Post(s)
Liked 12,249 Times in 6,282 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Height cheating is more effective on zwift.

The problem? The game does not accurately represent cycling in the real world.
Boy, howdy, is that the truth!

I set my Zwift numbers accurately - 6', 91 kg - but one time I accidentally reset my height to 3 feet without realizing it (rolling the scroll wheel while my cursor was over the 'height' number), and without changing the weight. So, 3' tall and 200 lbs. It didn't change my avatar's appearance - no fat hobbits on bikes on my screen. I did a Tour de Zwift ride, not a race, so it wasn't really a competition. I think it was on Innsbruck. At first I was surprised to find myself keeping up on the flat with riders who were doing higher w/kg, but I thought it was just because I was drafting them. On the climb, I was still pushing 200lbs up the hill, so that wasn't any different, but on the descent, I FLEW past people. Just coasting, I cracked 100 km/hr.

When I finished the ride and looked at the numbers, I was HORRIFIED! I was waiting for the Zwift Police to come a-knocking, but they didn't. I rode the same route again later and of course didn't come NEAR the descending speeds I'd hit.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles