Old 02-25-22, 09:22 PM
ctak

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by tempocyclist
Only 400 miles to a set of brake blocks?!?! 😮

I've been using the Black Prince pads for years now. They do the job. Certainly get a LOT more than 400 miles out of them.
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I like Swissstop Prince black. Most of my rides are 50-70'/mile. I get WAY more than 400 miles off pads on Reynolds and Flo carbon rims....is there a zero missing? 4,000
Originally Posted by caloso
I still have a cache of blue Williams branded pads, which were Reynolds clones. Work great, last a heckuva lot longer than 400 miles.
Originally Posted by beeballman
I use the Black Prince pads because that is what Roval says to use on their carbon wheels. I question the 400/600 mile replacement of these. I have 3500 miles on the original pads, I just was in the shop for new tires and the brake pads still our fine, I have not had to replace them yet. Wondering why you would need to replace them at 400/600 miles?
I think it is a combination of the textured brake surface of the Mavics and fact that I average over 20k ft of climbing per week with aggressive descending. According to my Strava, this year I've put in 2,560 miles with 182k ft of elevation. Just bought a Canyon Aeroad disc so I'll be training mostly on that going forward and save my weight-weenie-approved rim brake bike for PR attempts.