Old 02-27-22, 10:23 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3144 Post(s)
Liked 1,708 Times in 1,032 Posts
WhyFi Yeah, that’s cool…I’ve not seen that on a tire box before, but like you, would like to see it on all tire packaging! I’ve seen it mentioned in manufacturers’ tech specs at which width the tire is measured, and it’s good and appropriate for the reference size to be bigger than 15c, but it’s rare that retailers ever put that info out there, so that’s something else which would be cool to see done more commonly. The Pirelli box also affirms the paradigm I thought was true, that regardless of nominal size, within the ETRTO approved rim width range, the Width As Measured increases with wider rims, which is why it was so perplexing that the AC Torchbearer 25 should come out with a 23.3mm WAM on an 18mm IW (Internal Width) rim while their Timekeeper 25 upsized over nominal on an 18.1. Clearly they cannot be referencing the same rim IW for both tires, which is just crazy (from a consumer perspective).