View Single Post
Old 03-01-22, 09:47 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Rolla
I'm embarrassed for you that this needs explaining: "Kit" is chiefly a British term. "Uniform" is what it means. We say "baseball uniform" and "football uniform" in the United States. In Great Britain, they call all of it "kit." Just because we don't say "cycling uniform" doesn't change this.

I'm sorry that you are so resistant to being taught things, but I take some solace in the obvious fact that so few people have been successful at it.

I tried that, but you found me here and responded to a post I made. So I'll ask you again: leave me alone. Thanks.
We get it, you can't stand not getting the last word. My original response to your post required no "refutation", there was nothing wrong with it and it didn't disagree with anything you posted. You made a completely pointless distinction between " British" and "British sounding". If you post, people can respond. Put me on your ignore list if it bugs you so much.

And if you think you taught me that "kit", "uniform" and "gear" can be used similarly, you've got a pretty inflated opinion of the extent of your knowledge. BTW, the definition or whatever it was you posted said Americans call all the clothing athletes wear "uniforms", so it's still quite wrong. Posting it was a face plant, get over it.

Last edited by livedarklions; 03-01-22 at 10:01 PM.