Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Race was awesome, Had some really good attacks, and saw an opportunity to take the lead and did so. Held the lead for a little less than a lap and blew up, didn’t fall off the back was able fight my way back up to the front.
I was in good position with two laps to go and a massive crash happened next to me. They stopped the race and had us reform starting us with 5 laps to go. Started again and got near the front but got stuck on the inside. These two riders kept getting enfront of me and then slowing down, I was getting really pissed off.

Finished 20th out of 70 I think. If the crash hasn’t happened I think I would have been in the top 10. I had a lot left in me and was far from red lining when I finished.

The cervelo was handling like ****. It was super squirrelly and I clipped a wheel pretty early in the race but didn’t go down. I was on the hoods most of the race due to how the cervelo was handling on the drops. Was never a problem before but with cyclist all around you in the drops it felt like I was over correcting.

The crash shook me up, which is why I didn’t push as hard as I should have in the last lap. I didn’t lose any position during the lap but I didn’t gain anything either.

Had a blast, the nervousness went away right when the whistle was blown. Officially Addicted.
Great job, and glad you kept it right side up. Weird the bike was handling badly - I assume you didn't change anything?