View Single Post
Old 03-05-22, 06:25 PM
jkbrooks

Bikes: Ti Mosaic G2 & Ti Davidson coupled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thank you zandoval . That's prudent advice which I didn't see, unfortunately, before I shoved off. Ride was good. Spent the vast majority of it in flutter. Longish first day knocked me back into normal sinus but then the flutter recurred. Mostly the ride was fine. It wasn't an aggressive route or plan and I was slow rolling. But, I was aware of a challenge to get the power out climbing. And, it was reassuring that I could go and do the work.

Update on the stand/bag (links further up in the thread.)
155L Unplug duffel with backpack straps. Fit the maint stand fine. And, given that I dont really roll with all that much stuff, it was a bit obnoxious from a size standpoint. It's got synch straps etc which made it better but I think I'd be happier getting by with something smaller. I left it at my start hotel with my S&S case (I've done this a number of times.)
Stand. Good stand. Well, reasonable. I wouldnt buy one as my main thing but for this purpose it is nearly perfect. Simple, aluminum, can break it down a little . . .
Since it is just simple aluminum tubing (about 5" diameter mostly), I think I'm going to figure out how much I can cut it down, mark it, and take it to my local muffler shop (those guys have helped me with all kinds of random stuff like this!) I'm thinking if I can knock off six inches or so, I can get it in my 110L duffel backpack and the whole array of crazy will be a little less obnoxious.

I'll post pictures pre & post of the maint stand if you guys are interested. Wonder how much weight cutting it down will knock off? I think I have a tool for that!

Thank you guys for all of your help and indulgence of my silliness.

Here's my routes & a photo album in icloud I shared with my family (i typically do this as a light weight "proof of life" exercise.)Daily routes (Ride with GPS collection of all the rides…end-to-end parts A & B + daily routes)

https://ridewithgps.com/collections/...9zPmliaco3BtqW

Photo album

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0VGI9HKKGFhm8J