Old 03-05-22, 07:23 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 709 Times in 474 Posts
so... as much as I really like my week old Poseidon X (lg), there were some needed changes from the outset, and after about 8 ride hours, definite things to adjust to my liking/preferences.
Here the new Stuff...

New Stuff for the Poseidon X

Charge Saddle : the stock saddle (looks ok) is 130 width; a non-starter for me. I need at least 140-143 width. Put on an older Alias, which is nice and good for me; but I do like the Color Combo of the Forest/British Racing Green augmented by Leather Brown accents. Even though I have a bunch of nice saddles, I didn;t have Brown... The Charge looks like "Da Kine" for me... has the saddle shape with works quite well for me - we shall see...
Deda Bar Tape - Leather look, perforated - seems like it'll be nice enough
Zipp Speed Weaponry Service Course 70 XPLR, 44 cm, bar top, flat ovalized, 5 deg flare and flare starts BELOW the levers/shifter position - stock bar was 46 which is way too wide for me... wide for me is 44, had way too much flare (20-24 deg) which also tilted the hoods/levers/shifter. I gave the stock bar a try, but after 8 hrs, I'm certain it needed replacing, for me. The new bar doesn;t flare until the bend below the lever/shifters
Conti Speed Ride tires 700c x 42 (38 measured on the stock rim) for the front. To gain a little more compliance by lower psi. Already ridden and quite nice for the predominant conditions in my area of Ca.
The key ! Redshift Shockstop Stem 110 cm (longest currently in stock) to add some needed shock absorption for the majority of riding here. A lot of high frequency, short, block edge bumps and rocks.
This stuff should make a big difference in the riding comfort and control for the stuff on this bike.
Tomorrow will be fun, getting it all on the bike!
Ride On
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: