Old 03-06-22, 01:43 PM
jkbrooks

Bikes: Ti Mosaic G2 & Ti Davidson coupled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I am glad the trip went well and that you are happy with the stand that started this thread. I was pretty sure that giant duffle was a bit too big.

I am clueless on your medical issues, do not understand the lingo at all. And I hope that I can stay totally ignorant on that, as I have my own set of med issues and do not need any more.

If you have to climb hills slowly to protect your heart, does your bike have low enough gearing? My light and my medium touring bikes have triple cranks with 24T chainrings for granny gears, 32 is my biggest rear sprocket, both bikes have identical drivetrains. That said, my heavy touring bike is in the photos in posts 10 and 30, that is a Rohloff bike.
Thanks Tourist in MSN! Yes. You were right about the bag. Slightly irritating but not soul crushing infuriating so . . . maybe I'll replace it with one of your nifty Sealine bags. Think I'm running 34 - 34 as my lowest gear. FSA Subcompact & a cassette that looks like a salad plate. I heard once "I never met a gear I didn't like" and If, god forbid, I start rolling with more ambitious plans (like yours), I'll revisit the gearing. That's a sage heads up. Thank you.

I too hope you stay out of the wonderful & wacky world of heart arrhythmia. I'm sure your personal bag of maladies, afflictions and vices is fully sufficient! The wonders of being a "man of a certain age."
thanks again for all of your help and support!
John