Old 03-13-22, 04:07 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,924 Times in 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by vtchuck
I remember hearing that the advantage was that you could keep both hands on the bars while shifting in a hard sprint. Disadvantages: The longer cables changed the shifting feel and another rider could reach over and shift you out of your gear.

Probably all BS

Someone stupidly showed me that little trick once. He was a friend of a friend that went on a lunch break ride with us now and then. He was nicely chatting with me and the next thing I new it was very hard to pedal. He reached down pushed my DT shifter all the way down and took off for the Town Line Sprint with Eric candy I was like .

So I added that my little bag of fun Peleton tricks like sprinting around a bend in the road and hiding behind the bushes or a van, or grabbing a seat bag and gradually letting someone pull me along. The coupe de Grace was unplugging the boss’s ZAP rear derailleur one morning. I miss those guys and those great rides.

as the the bar cons, I knew a few guys who liked them for “Crits” since they spent most of the time in the drops anyway.

I don’t have any experience with them so we’re the early Campagnolo and Shipmano ones retro friction like Suntour?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk