Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Your response, above, presumes that the transaction has already taken place – and hence it has absolutely no bearing on the present situation, and does not in any way address the question I posed to you.
Your question is a false presumptive. It isn't as if you can turn one screw, check alignment, and test while the back tire is off the ground in comparison to the inside of an engine that you cannot see. Even at that, I would suspect that if you were on a test drive with a salesman in the car and engine blew it would depend a lot on what you were doing at the time as it concerns your liability for said. Most car dealerships carry insurance for just such situations, or things like a crash during the test drive. Through a private seller, I would imagine it being a tremendous way to find yourself embroiled in a lawsuit unless they knew and opted not to pursue damages.

You can't just offer some made up situation that isn't the same and expect the answer to apply to all equally. Straw man isn't it called?