Old 03-17-22, 10:48 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9526 Post(s)
Liked 6,268 Times in 3,456 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Don't blame the wheel design on the method you chose to hang bikes. I wouldn't ever personally choose the wheels of a bike to hang a bike, even if they were solid carbon. And especially if they were some $2500 Enve or other solid carbon wheels. I'd only do this if it was some high spoke count cheapy alloys.

Same goes for tray bike racks on cars. I swap to the originally included cheapy alloys to transport. I wouldn't want to scratch up and crank down on the straps on the body of fancy wheels no matter the design. I transport those inside the car. I mean, some wheelsets are worth 50% or more of the bike itself. Why would I clamp down on that?

Also before "well the pro tour bike racks and wheels".........preferred method for speed to get to the bike is the adjustable downtube clamp.
Nothing to offer on HED wheels.

But, I can offer that I've hung my current bike by its front carbon wheel on a hook on the wall for well over a year, and not so much as a mark on it. There's less stress on that wheel hanging on the wall than there is carrying my lard ass.

I also carry the bike on a hitch rack with trays, but I wrap the strap with about 3" length of pipe insulation, and wrap that with gaffer's tape. Not a mark on the wheels from the strap.

Last edited by Mojo31; 03-17-22 at 01:03 PM.