Old 03-19-22, 12:55 PM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 1,062 Times in 787 Posts
Just by way of a report: I went to the first day (March 18) of the Estate Sale at the good old shop on Bridgeway in Sausalito, a beautiful day!
There was a looong wait to get into the building but while you waited there were racks of clothing set up outdoors and a cooler of (free) cans of non-alcohol near-beer made locally.
The wait was worth it just to see this HUGE inventory of fully-built bicycles, framesets and wheels, truly mind-boggling!
The marked prices on most things that had prices were in even dollar amounts ($700, $1000, $1600, etc.) but the cashiers were discounting all tags by 30%, things not marked were "price checked" by one from the crew of attendants.
I kept my own purchases to a minimum but saw a couple C&V full bikes going for what I'd say was very reasonable money...and for a good cause!
I did not take photos and besides the lighting was dim (windows boarded up) so would reco that anybody in the area "GO" just to see this "museum" of goods, even if you're not in the market for anything....and bring a headlight or small flashlight!

BTW: the info I read stated the opening days were Friday thru Sunday, both this weekend (3/18 thru 3/20) and next weekend (3/25 thru 3/27) so that's what I think to be correct, not what's above....but check before you go.

Last edited by unworthy1; 03-19-22 at 01:00 PM.