View Single Post
Old 03-21-22, 12:18 PM
swampyankee2

Bikes: '08 Specialized Sirrus, '92 Trek 820, '72 Raleigh Sports, 60? Fongers single speed, '72 Dawes Galaxy, '67 Robin Hood Lenton Sports

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by locolobo13
I'm neither a Dr nor an expert, but I've had it in the past. But here's my advice.

Rest until you heal up. Took a day or two off a few years ago. That was sufficient.

Can you start slower? Lower gear on the uphill? Worst case walk up the hill for a bit?

See a Dr anyways just in case.
The start of my ride involves a downhill pretty much in every direction. Getting home is all a very daunting uphill slog. Doable on the 21 speeder, but even on the lowest gearset on the Dawes it was tough. And, yes, much to my mortification, I walked it up part of the hill, and had to stop and rest again close to the top.
Having in my 40's and 50's having a dedicated fitness regimen (only slowing down at age 61, and halting altogether due to COVID closing the gym), my doctor gives me nothing but green lights.
I will give it a few days off and may resort to traversing a more level track, even if it's an out-and-back rather than a circle route.