Old 03-24-22, 03:40 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Riveting
I disagree. The fact that overlap happens "makes it a big deal" to me also, because I don't want it to happen, at all. The fact that we don't want it doesn't make us ignorant (that's just an absurd thing for you to say), it just makes YOU more accepting of a bike's inherent faults, than we are willing to accept. I had overlap on a Trek Madone 2.3, went down several times because of it while doing 1-2 mph very tight U-turns where rotation of the cranks is needed to maintain forward motion and balance, toe overlap occurred, I went down. Some of us now want bikes that don't have it. Why is that a problem for you to understand. This thread is about how to avoid overlap. Go start your own thread on how to live with it.
If you've fallen 'several times' and continue to ride the bike you are obvisouly not satisfied with I don't know what to say. You either learn to deal w/ it or you don't...and you continue to fall because you're too stubborn to learn simple techniques that thousands of riders have figured out with ease. How to avoid it? Obviously don't put yourself in situations where it will cause problems. Don't do trackstands. Don't make super tight turns at very low speeds. It's not hard. As I mentioned I've had it on every bike I've owned and it's just not a big deal. Or get a custom frame that will eliminate it but probably won't fit well.
Likes For cxwrench: