Old 03-26-22, 09:24 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry2
well that would answer a lot. Assuming I’m not suffering from a bad batch of tires, the leaking issue being sealant specific would explain why all S TR users are not up in arms.
Ive always used Stan’s and never had a reason to change, this might be it.

thanks

Barry
There are not too many GP5000S TR users out there, yet.

In my specific issue with these tires, they do not leak much overnight but they do leak and they leak a lot during a ride, perhaps 2 psi or more per hour. Switching from Orange Endurance to Regular has helped my situation. I have not made measurements yet. It has been 10 frustrating days with these tires and I am sick of tubeless, it solves a problem that does not exist while creating its own challenges. It is very clear the air is escaping from the sidewalls, it is plain as day when the tires are immersed in a bath tub of water. Putting soapy water on the bead, valve or spokes gets no bubbles. If it turns out that a prolonged (a week) period of time is needed to get the sidewalls sealed and if they do not plug up with Stans or Orange Endurance, Conti hasn't done their homework. At the minimum, they need to put that requirement in some instructions. Yes, I have rotated the wheels 90 degrees on both sides a million times and yes, I have a crap load of brand new sealant inside.