Old 03-28-22, 11:14 AM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 40 Posts
I'm very particular and detail oriented, so any change usually means far more tinkering and dialing in than most people, and quite frankly, I don't enjoy that process whatsoever. I enjoy things the most when I'm finally done messing with them and they've proven themselves out. That said I ride a 2017 Colnago CR-S with zero plans to change for the foreseeable future, though I did upgrade the calipers to 5800 at time of purchase because the entire bike was 5800 otherwise(down to chain and cassette), and then upgraded the boat anchors to Zondas. The amount of tinkering I did with the brakes afterwards between brake lever reach and getting the calipers set just right given the reduced brake lever reach and getting them perfectly centered? Weeks. Granted, some of that was due to only after much tinkering finally finding out that the shop under torqued the calipers to the frame and they kept moving. High end shop so wasn't expecting that and took me a long time to finally check the torque spec.

While I'd like an aero/integrated bar, my OCD can't handle how much work that would be to finally get flawlessly setup...so I just don't.