View Single Post
Old 04-05-22, 02:43 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliwild
Appears to be correct... I did the vintage bike version of the same ride a few years ago and it was mostly gravel (some private roads too)...
Cool. The page you linked to was confusing, first saying 56 miles of pavement in the text and showing a mostly paved route on the Komoot route profile (including “lastricato,” which I thought was equivalent to cobblestone, but I didn’t know that kind of road existed in California!) and the switching it around to 56 miles gravel in the route summary section. I looked at RWGPS, too, and thought it was 56 miles paved roads, but maybe I looked at the wrong year, wrong ride, or just simply misread.

Anyway, I was thinking that in a situation where you might get up in a fast gruppetto, 700c might feel more natural, but I guess since the route isn’t gnarly whatever the surface mix, choosing to go the comfort route with wider 650b isn’t a bad way to call it.