Old 04-05-22, 02:53 PM
Mikey58 
Up! Up! Up!!!

Bikes: '84 Specialized Stumpjumper XT, '12 Felt TK2, '16 Bianchi Allroad, '22 Trek Emonda SL5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by classic carl
Sweet...I bought an SL 5 in blue last September. I ordered Bontrager Oeolus Pro37 carbon wheels before I left for Florida in mid December. They arrived a couple of weeks ago. We're heading back to PA next week. I put about 450 miles on the Emonda with the stock wheels before I left, and can't wait to get back and ride it with the new wheels. I've put over 2000 miles on my 20 year old Klein down here this winter. I'm running tubeless tires on both road bikes. Did you go tubeless on your Emonda? I also upgraded the saddle on the Emonda with a Fizik Arione Classic. I've had one on my Klein since it was almost new too. The stock saddle on the Emonda is comfortable enough, just heavier than it needs to be. I'll use it on my hybrid.

Enjoy your Emonda.
Yeah, thanks Carl, I'm quite happy with my SL5 (who wouldn't be, right!?). I have just a little under 500 miles on it. You're going to find that those Aeolus Pro37 wheels will make a dramatic improvement in the responsiveness of your bike. My FFWD wheel/tire combo shaved a tad under 2 lbs from the bike. I am still running tubes (Conti Race Lites) with the GP5000 tires. And, I agree, the stock saddle on the Emonda is, indeed, comfy. However, I also did swap mine out - for the Verse Pro Carbon, along with a carbon seatpost. No complaints here!

Mike
Likes For Mikey58: