View Single Post
Old 04-12-22, 03:55 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10614 Post(s)
Liked 12,236 Times in 6,273 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
I have heirloom silver and... that's about it. Apparently it'd be worth a couple of grand if sold, but I like it. It's nicer than the stamped stainless stuff from Target.

Oddly, AG is allergic and can't use it; she gets deep painful cracks in her hands when she does.
Mrs. GeneJockey ended up inheriting both her Mother's and her Grandmother's sterling and stainless. Both of them had the same pattern of stainless, so now we have at least a dozen place settings worth. AND her grandmother also got extra teaspoons, so no matter how long it is between dishwashings, we never run out of spoons.

When the Pandemic began and I was looking around for a project, I cataloged both sets of sterling, bought a few replacements, and polished all of it. I even bought a nice silver chest for her Grandmother's stuff. We haven't used it since.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles