Old 04-21-22, 07:05 PM
Ridinglurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Even with only one activity profile, assuming the Instinct allows you to remove ones you won't use, you still go into the menu and select the one you want. The last item in the menu is always "Add" at least on other Garmin watches.

You might find this acceptable. I do. The OP clearly doesn't. I'm trying to provide him true information so that he can make a choice that works for his needs.

Garmin watches have an auto detect mode, but it detects driving a small motor boat on a choppy lake as cycling. I don't think it turns the GPS on, but I don't know because I've turned that feature off.
I would be OK manually turning on and off. And the auto on/off only would work on a bike computer, not on a watch since it always would be in movement. Maybe the auto on/off only works on a bike computer that uses a hub or spoke sensor.

I do have the Samsung Health app that i use to track hiking, boating etc. so I'm aware of what options there are. But that I sue to track where I go and how I get back or when i want to know the distance and time and I'm OK with going into a menu to start the activity.

I think many people here gave good information for me to think about. I'll just spend the rest of the summer to see how much I really miss seeing my instant speed. there are many things i hadn't thought of. So thanks to all.

Last edited by Ridinglurker; 04-21-22 at 09:34 PM.