View Single Post
Old 04-25-22, 03:17 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Equinox
That makes me feel better. My bike is about six years old. I can't imagine it being an option for a shop that damaged customers bike to NOT take responsibility. "We damaged your bike. Sucks to be you." Is that a possibility?
Lots of issues here, you would have to had pictures of it at the shop before they took it to the back, then if they still deny paying for the damages it's off to small claims court you go, but even an award in your favor could result in a bike shop dragging their feet forever, so then you would have to put a lien on their store, and or vehicles, a huge nightmare for the customer. I once had an employee steal $5,000 from me, he had no money, I put a lien on his house, I guess he still owns the house after 25 some odd years because I never received any money; then if it takes 25 or more years to get the money back all you get is the original $5,000 lien, you don't get what the money is worth today after inflation.

So maybe this is a warning to us readers to take pictures of our bikes at the shop just before we turn it in to them for repairs.