Old 04-27-22, 12:59 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9656 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by tiger1964
By the way, are all hitch-mount bike racks so heavy? Why not welded aluminum, or titanium, or something? I suspect mine outweighs two steel bikes hanging off it

Pass.

We've striving to be the last household on the planet without a minivan, truck or SUV (so the hitch on the wife's Honda S2000 tows the 4x8 aluminum trailer for Home Depot runs, and also the trailer for the 21-1/2' ocean kayak). Late 2023, plan to swap the S2000 for a Subaru BRZ and that gets a hitch too.

Alas, tomorrow AM going to the Porsche dealer as my car is caught up in a recall, and the loaner car will certainly be.... a Macan.
Don't knock it. We have a Macan S. My wife has autocrossed them, and they handle like a sportscar. I've driven them on the track at well over 100 mph.

Recalls seem to be a thing. We have to take the Macan in for one, and my Taycan needs two done.

Racks - Kuat Sherpa 2.0 is aluminum and lighweight. We use it for our two road bikes and two hybrids. The only downside that I know of is that it cannot be expanded to four bikes.