Old 04-27-22, 04:13 PM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 404 Posts
I suppose this is as outdated as my bicycles but youse asked. I have two old Rhode Gear trunk racks for my sedan. One is a double that I rarely use and the other is my often used rack. It started life as a 3 bike rack but I bobbed it to a one bike rack as that's what I do 99% of the time. Easy to install on the trunk and easy to hang and remove the bikes as its just about chest height. The keen eye will notice I've added felt pads on the cradles to protect the paint and "hook and loop" straps for the front and rear wheel to further secure the bike and prevent the wheels windmilling in the breeze and sanding paint off the car. Foolproof, cheap and easy. Like my bicycles.

New style PA license plate. Nice?

Lovely test ride today after giving both wheels a 1/4 turn as they were creaking a bit. About 2 years since the complete re-tension of everything. The keen eye will also notice the calipers QRs are open and it's in top gear. Went shopping on the way home and such a config is sure to annoy anyone who decides to cut the lock and remove this from my car.