Old 04-27-22, 06:30 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked 2,091 Times in 590 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
Man, I’m really struggling with the motivation this year. I used to plan my year around events but the saddle time and miles just aren’t there right now. Several other priorities in play. I’m still hopeful and am wondering how fast I can get myself in shape for multi day overnight rides. I’m still walking 18 holes every morning but it’s not a good substitute for riding. I think I still would like to do some events but not crazy about training for them. I did ride 60 miles yesterday at a slow pace but usually by this time of year I’m doing 80-100 mile rides regularly. Time will tell.

I kinda feel that too. I'm not sure it is the slow recovery from chronic illness or what, but I am definitely less motivated. Maybe not forcing myself out every morning for that commute?

Plans for this year? Only a couple of well defined plans:

1. I've done 48 double centuries, and would like to make it to 50 this year. For sure I would like to do the Eastern Sierra Double, and want to make that my 50th. That means I have to do another double between now and early June.

2. I started Cycle America's ride across the US years ago, and got as far as Northfield MN before other things got in the way. This year, I am riding from Northfield to Buffalo with that group. Can't wait for that ... I love touring.