View Single Post
Old 04-27-22, 08:16 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked 1,790 Times in 1,033 Posts
So I got my Varia in the mail today, setup, went for a ride tonight in my local area where it takes me through a fairly large business park area. I waited until after the vast majority of people pulled a snagglepuss, and exited stage left. I pretty much aged myself right there, anyway, this business park now has both business and residential condo's, so traffic can be somewhat light, to interstate like based on the time. Initially it was alarming off the chain, but once the traffic died off as I got more toward the residential area's, I really liked having the alarm knowing what was behind me. Also, getting the alarm through my headset, really made me more more aware of what was going on. I would not normally ride this area during the week due the heavy traffic that I would have to deal with initially, it's really pretty sketchy, but, on weekends and later at night, after 9 or so, I have no issues with it.

I can see where this is going to be a great tool, and when I turned back into my neighborhood and was almost home, I got an alarm, looked behind me and there was a car about 300 ft behind me. Yea this was a solid purchase I should have done earlier.

My only potential issue is that on my Emonda, I need to come up with a secure mounting point on my Topeak seat bag. I think if I mount it to my seat post, it will be too low and the rear tire will screw with the detection. I do not have a seat bag on my Domane, since it has the downtube storage, so that is not an issue, although I would like to find something else besides straps and the D shaped mount for the Domane, it just seems a little loose, and the smaller strap seemed over stretched.

Time for some web surfing. I am sure someone has printed a solution.

Likes For jaxgtr: