View Single Post
Old 04-28-22, 03:09 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10635 Post(s)
Liked 12,273 Times in 6,289 Posts
I was gonna ride this morning after dropping The Younger Boy off at work, but the wind was buffeting the 3800 lbs of Dodge, so I figured it would make my bike ride a whole lot of no fun. So I rode in the garage instead. I have a week left of Wahoo Systm, so I took advantage of their recent acquisition of RGT to try it out. Turned out somebody had already uploaded an 8 mile stretch that I've ridden hundreds of times, so I thought I'd try that.

My opinion: Meh. The gradient profile is right, but the scenery is blah and repetitive and the graphics are primitive. They provide a bunch of bots to ride with, but I ended up riding the last two miles with nobody within several hundred meters ahead or behind - what's the point of the bots if they aren't anywhere near? I guess if I'd never ridden on Zwift, RGT would seem great. Overall it didn't convince me to re-up the Wahoo subscription.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles