Old 03-03-06, 06:52 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I have a Lemond Buenos Aires (105 - 27 speed, carbon fork) which cost about $1,700 in 1999. It has lasted well with appropriate upkeep. I really enjoy it.

I also have a 2004 Windsor Leeds road bike which I bought on EBay new for $285.00 It is Sora (24 speed) and has also lasted as well, although not quite as well as the Lemond. I have received compliments from strangers on this "beautiful" bike!

And I love both bikes. As far as "riding" experience goes, the Lemond is a bit better, but blindfolded, it would be hard to tell the difference. Is it $1,415.00 better?

I don't know how to measure that. What I do know is that when I want to go on a "real" ride, I take the Lemond, and for some reason I feel like royalty cruising down the road (trail or whatever).

I guess none of us is entirely rational.

What I do believe is that you must find a bicycle that "turns you on" in some fashion or another - that is special to you for whatever reason you like things to be special.

For some folks, that special is riding, maintaining and keeping a 1974 bicycle. For others it is a $6,500 Seven, or a hand-crafted frame, or expensive Dura Ace components. For others it is finding a really great deal on EBay or at a police auction. Each of us has our own "special." But hopefully you will find a bike that is "special" to you!

Last edited by DnvrFox; 03-03-06 at 09:40 AM.